Everything You Must Know About “Fillers”
What is Filler?
Filler is a dermal filler used to fill in fine lines, wrinkles, and creases on the face. Filler injections focus on adding volume to areas such as the cheekbones, chin, and are often used to fill the lips, make the lips plump. For safety purposes, You should choose fillers that are approved by FDA and generally accepted. For example, fillers containing hyaluronic acid, collagen and calcium hydroxyapatite.
Things you should know before injecting fillers!!
Choose a medical professional.
It is very important to choose a doctor to perform the procedure. If injected in the wrong way, it can cause negative effects. Dr. Gun is a doctor who has expertise and experience in facial reshaping with fillers and fat grafting. He has studied and performed filler injection procedures for 15 years. Most of the patients are satisfied.
Choose genuine fillers only.
You need to study carefully whether the clinic uses genuine fillers. Our doctors will only select genuine, quality fillers from America, Europe and Korea that are certified. You can check the lot number. We realize that the safety of our customers is important because genuine fillers are 100% biodegradable and there are no side effects on the patient’s body afterwards.
How good is the filler?
Filler injections are a very popular procedure. It will reduce the wrinkles and increase the elasticity of the skin. It is suitable for all ages with wrinkles and deep grooves such as the cheek lines, under the eyes, corners of the mouth, temples and chin, and will also enhance physiognomy.
How many days for filler injections to see results?
After the injection the results will be immediate. And will see 100% results after 4-5 days.
How long does the filler last?
Authentic fillers that are certified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Each brand has different properties and shelf life. It is estimated to last 6-12 months.
What are the advantages of fillers?
Filler injections are very popular procedure for reshaping wrinkled faces and to fill in the gaps in the skin cells. The skin will be flexible, firm and smooth. It is suitable for all ages with wrinkles such as cheek grooves, under the eyes, corners of the mouth, temples and chin.
Type of fillers
- HA (Hyaluronic Acid): The most popular and safest. It is biodegradable and can be reinjected many times. It is widely used all over the world.
- Collagen” It is animal collagen. Nowadays, it’s not very popular. Because some people may have allergic reactions, swelling and redness easily.
- Transplanted Fat: It is a technique suitable for those who want to fill in large quantities at a time or about 5 cc or more.
- Biosynthetic polymers or liquid silicone: Such as calcium hydroxylapatite, polymethylmethacrylate. These are fake fillers. It is not safe and has not passed the FDA.
But in Thailand, most people understand the meaning of filler according to “HA (Hyaluronic Acid)”. It is a genuine filler that is safe and recommended.
The differentiation of filler each brands.
There are many brands of fillers and different prices. The 5 most popular and certified brands in Thailand are Juvederm, Restylane, Neuramis, Perfectha and Yvoire. Different as follows:
1. Juvederm filler
It is a long-standing brand that is made in USA. The texture are soft and fine with beautiful volume, not lumpy or wavy. It can fill under the eyes, mouth, cheekbones, nasolabial folds, temples and forehead quite well. It will last about 1-2 years.
2. Restylane filler
It is another filler that is as popular as Juvederm. It is soft and detailed with beautiful volume. It will make your skin more hydrated. Can fill in many areas and it will last about 12-18 months.
3. Perfectha filler
It is quite solid and can be molded into a beautiful shape. It can be filled in many areas such as chin, temples, cheekbones and forehead. It lasts about 12-18 months.
4. Neuramis fillers
This filler made from Korea and very popular as well. It can be injected in many areas and lasts about 9-12 months.
5. Yvoire filler
The premium quality filler from Korea, developed by L.G Chem. It features innovative “Hice* Technology” which is highly safe. It is hypoallergenic and is smooth, easy to inject, the results are clearly visible. Certified by Conformite Europeene from Europe, US FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) and Thai FDA.
Preparation before filler injections:
- Patients should study the type of filler and choose a clinic to ensure the best results and no side effects.
- Approximately 1 week before filler injections, aspirin, diclofenac, fish oil and ginkgo leaf extract should be avoided. Theese type of drugs can cause swelling and bruising easily. However, people with underlying medical conditions and taking these medications regularly should consult their doctor first.
- One day before the filler injection should refrain from strenuous exercise to prevent the body from losing too much of water.
Preparation after filler injection:
- Patients can apply makeup as usual since the clinic will remove makeup only in the area where the filler will be injected.
- The clinic will clean the makeup from the lips first. and clean it again with betadine to disinfect.
- During the first injection will pain slightly, and then you will hardly feel any pain as the anesthetic in the filler is active.
- Your skin will have needle marks, and will heal on their own within 24 hours.
Self-care after the filler injection
- After the injection, do not apply cosmetics or nourishing cream to the injection area for about 24 hours.
- Avoid hot food and hot beverages including hair dryers, hot water and saunas.
- If there is swelling or bruising, you can apply a cold compress. If you have pain, you can take painkillers.
- Refrain from strenuous exercise for 2 days, including pressing or massaging the filler injection area for about 2 weeks as this may cause the filler deform.
- Drink a lot of water to enhance the filler’s effectiveness.
- Sleep on high pillows for the first 3-4 days to make the filler to maintain its shape. But with our doctor’s injection technique, the filler will definitely not be deformed.