Nowadays, many people are paying more attention to forehead augmentation. In addition, forehead augmentation helping to make the face look three-dimensional and younger, it can also indicate physiognomy. It is believed that people with curved and raised foreheads have good intelligence and are able to resolve immediate events and always have supporters. In addition, forehead augmentation can also correct forehead dimples and flatness.
Material used forehead augmentation
It is preformed silicone according to medical standards. It is available in different sizes such as S, M, L. The surgeon will determine the appropriateness for each patient. The advantage is that this silicone is cheaper and can be operated immediately without waiting. But such surgery may result in the silicone is not suitable for each person. It may cause the silicone pad to be too small or too big. Also, it might be able to see some silicone edges in the case on the small forehead.
Customized silicone implant
Forehead augmentation is a new 3D modeling technology. It simulates an individual’s skull and casts silicone out of the silicone for forehead augmentation for that patient. The resulting silicone fits perfectly on the forehead and is smooth and borderless. It can close the defect of the frontal bone. The disadvantage is that it is more costly than ready-made forehead silicone surgery.
Preparation before forehead augmentation
- Notify your doctor if you have a history of food allergy, drug allergy, or anesthesia before undergoing surgery.
- Abstain from alcohol and smoking for at least 1 month before and after surgery. The substances in alcohol and cigarettes destroy cells that will repair wounds. It has the effect of reducing the blood supply to the surgical site. The skin at the surgery site may lack blood supply. As a result, the recovery is slow and there is a risk of infection.
- Abstain from drugs that affect bleeding such as aspirin, vitamins such as vitamin E, fish oil, grape seed, ginkgo leaf, ginseng, etc.
- For some people who are at risk of impaired immune system, it is necessary to inform the doctor in order to get extra protection such as AIDS, diabetes, kidney disease, etc.
Self-care after forehead augmentation
- Sleep on a high pillow for at least 1-2 weeks after surgery.
- Apply a cold compress to the forehead for the first 2 days.
- After that, apply a warm compress to reduce swelling.
- Do not remove the bandage prematurely.
- You can wash your face, but do not touch the wound and bandage.
- Refrain from exercising for 3-4 weeks after surgery.
- Clean the wound daily and apply betadine.
- See a doctor as scheduled every time.